Area of Focus
Weed management in corn, soybeans and small grains.
B.S., Agronomy, São Paulo State University, Brazil, 2009
M.S., Agronomy (Weed Science), University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2012
Ph.D., Agronomy (Weed Science), University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2016
Assistant Professor and Cropping Systems Specialist, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2016-2017
Academic Honors and Awards
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Alfred Toepfer Faculty Fellow Award, 2020-2021
- Wisconsin Association of County Agricultural Agents, Second Mile Award, 2020
- Weed Science Society of America, Outstanding Graduate Student Award, 2016.
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln Dean’s Fellowship, 2014-2015 & 2015-2016
- Milton E. Mohr Award (Biotechnology Degree Program Recipient), 2014-2015 & 2015-2016.
- Weed Science Society of America, Outstanding Paper in Weed Technology, 2014.
- Widaman Trust Distinguished Graduate Assistant Award, 2013-2014.
- North Central Weed Science Society, Outstanding Graduate Student Award, 2013.
- University of Nebraska Student Government, Graduate Student of the Year, 2012-2013.
- Agroecologically-based approaches to address sustainable weed management in corn, soybeans, and small grains
- Weed management strategies that can help protect water quality, enhance agroecosystems services and increase food security
- Distribution and management of herbicide-resistant weeds
- Biology and ecology of troublesome weed species
- Update and develop weed management recommendations for corn, soybeans and small grains in Wisconsin
- Serve Wisconsin growers, consultants and agricultural industry professionals
- Herbicide evaluation program
For a complete list of peer-reviewed publications, check Werle’s Google Scholar Profile.